Thursday, February 10, 2011

German Shepherd, K9 Progress.

Progress work on the German Shepherd/K9 piece. I've previously mentioned there's a full dog underneath that K9 vest and here it is.

Here is a close up of the head.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

PMC Dude - With K9!!

Started work on the K9 German Shepherd today. Took a while to get the proportions right but I think this is pretty good for now.

There's a full dog underneath that K9 vest. It takes longer, but I usually prefer to work with a full body below whenever I want to overlap something. Also because this image is dual purpose, for the web-portfolio and for my collection of dog drawings.

Putting the 2 together:

I'm fairly happy with this update. These set of characters will be worked into the main web-portfolio interface at some point. There's an additional IRobot 510 Packbot to be added. Still in basic stages of line construction. At one point today I thought I lost the working file. Turns out its not in my usual working folders.

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

AKS-74U PMC Dude - Full Body

I've posted a half body version before and I'm using it now as part of my printed marketing material. But I needed a full body version for my web portfolio revamp. Its a year overdue and it seriously needs some updating. Almost done, just a bit more to go.

Some parts of the webbing was reworked so I'll need to paint those over. Changed the pants around a little bit but the artwork is generally the same.

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Updating Some Old, In-Progress Artwork

There's a lull due to the holiday season here with the Chinese New Year celebrations. So I thought, I better dig up my older stuff and get them completed before moving back into the current stuff I'm working on.

This piece was last updated maybe 6 months back or more. To put it into context of how fast the world moves (or how slow I work depending on how you see it); When I started out doing this piece, I was looking at using the UCP camouflage for this guy's uniform. As of a few months back, the US Army in Afghanistan has swapped to the OCP - Operation Enduring Freedom Camouflage Pattern. Better known as MULTICAM.

(I checked, it was almost 9 months ago)

To get the details into the gun, I use Adobe Illustrator to path out the features in vector and try to separate out the overlapping areas. After the pathing is done, I can bring the vectors over onto Photoshop to paint digitally. With the pathing and overlapping areas planned, I can then use Photoshop layers to its fullest. This way I can make minor adjustments even after I've done the coloring for the weapon.

This is how it looks like pieced together.

I'm not looking at any real deadline for this. I'm currently concentrating on getting a Natural Science portfolio up to buff my capabilities and also on the lookout for incoming jobs so I'll see how it goes. Shouldn't be a problem.

On to something a bit fun. I got carried away while working on that Year of the Rabbit greeting card and just went nuts with the variety of guns. I just wanted to create one but ended up doing over a dozen and I'm adding new ones everyday. I intend to release them for free use soon - but not all at once. So here are a few to look at - I'll post the vector packs once I'm ready.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...