Friday, October 5, 2012

Barrett M107 with USMC Operator

I've taken on this immediately after the Mk48 piece. It was done fairly quickly and I was sort of happy with it. I was recently told my research material were that of an M107 instead of an M82A1. Very glad to have been corrected.

Details first :D

The weapon itself




Here are the progressive step by step from start to finish. Start off with a rough sketch. This piece was completely done digitally from scratch.

The pose gets refined.

Once the pose is set, time to clean up the lines. It looks nicer now.

Before starting tonal values, I double check the proportions. It looks good, the dude feels like 6'2" or so. Pretty close to what I want.

Adding tonal values.

Once the tonal values are added, I start putting in the textures and color overlays. Then I adjust the colors from there. I suffer from a common type of color-blindness known as Deuteranomaly, so the digital platform is a little more forgiving in terms of adding colors.

And here we have the final. This piece took maybe 30 hours or less. Of course I wasn't doing it 8 hours a day, I have other paying jobs to take care of. But it is probably the fastest piece I've done so far.




I hope everyone likes this. I'm already working on a next piece. A friend has agreed to lend me his face for it. Lets hope it doesn't turn out crap.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...